close
close
Monadnock Ledger transcript – Mascenic Schools that are secured due to bank robberies; The safe campus status was canceled

Mascenic Regional High School

Mascenic Regional High School
File photo

The Mascenic Regional School District secured their campus on Wednesday morning after reporting in downtown Ipswich.

According to posts on the Facebook page of the Mascenic School District Sau, the police from New Ipswich requested the district schools to secure their campus at around 10 a.m. Mascenian superintendent Liz Pogorzelski said that the police originally notified the Boynton Middle School employees because of their proximity to the city center and asked them to secure the building.

The director Kevin Fondas reported on the request to Pogorzelski, who contacted the police to inquire whether her district should also secure the primary school of the Highbridge Hill and the Mascenian Regional High School. It was pointed out.

“At that time we didn’t know what was going on. We only knew something that happened in the city center,” said Pogorzelski.

The campus were secured and the district sent the parents notifying the parents.

A closed campus means that the students do not leave the building and that visitors are not in the building, but the lessons within the building as usual. Pogorzelski said that it meant that there was no recess or sports lessons outdoors, a planned walk for autism awareness was canceled and the seniors were not allowed to leave the campus for free periods. Pogorzelski said in secure campus scenarios that parents can still pick up their children if they wish, even though they are exposed to increased security measures.

“We had a lot of telephone calls and asked if everything was fine,” said Pogorzelski when about 40 parents contacted their office. “People really wanted to know what was going on, what, the challenge, we don’t always have all the information yet.”

Around 10:30 a.m., the police updated the district that there had been a bank robbery in the city center, that the suspect was not localized and could still be nearby and the secure campus protocol was to be continued. The district has updated its communication with the parents with the new information at 10:36 a.m.

The article continues to …

Shortly after the second update, the safe campus status was lifted around 11 a.m. after the district had been informed by the police that the area had been released.

“Everyone was doing very well,” said Pogorzelski of the reaction of the student and employees to the secure campus. “I think the most important thing is that we will always stop a lot of caution, but everyone understands that we do not make these calls without reason, and we always try to do what is best and bring children to safety.”

The activities for the rest of the school day, including the afternoon school, were carried out as usual.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *