close
close
Nearly two decades later, a Randolph County man has been charged with a sex offense against a child

AND HOW THEY DIED. TONIGHT, a former Randolph County Schools employee is in jail on a half-million dollar bond. He is accused of serious sexual offenses with a student almost 20 years ago. The Sheriff’s Office announces that its investigation into 50-year-old Gregory Simmons began back in January 2023 for an alleged crime that occurred in 2005. Simmons was arrested in Moore County last week. AUTHORITIES SAY HE WAS THE LAST

Nearly two decades later, a Randolph County man has been charged with a sex offense against a child

After nearly two decades, a man previously employed by the Randolph County school system is facing sexual harassment charges against a student, according to the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office. In January 2023, officers said they received a report of a possible sexual offense involving an unknown minor or minors in 2005. Click the video player above to watch the latest headlines from WXII 12 News. TOP STORIES New laws take effect Dec. 1 in North Carolina. 2024: Amber Alert for missing 15-year-old girl from North Carolina. The fast-moving storm will bring more cold and a chance for Triad snow. Click here to get the latest interesting news. Deputies said the first allegations against a former Randolph County School system employee were reported to the sheriff’s office following an investigation by the Moore County Sheriff’s Office and the NC State Bureau of Investigations (NCSBI). After investigating and identifying the victim, investigators said they were seeking charges against 50-year-old Gregory Simmons on three counts of sexual battery with a student. On November 25, 2024, Simmons was arrested and taken to the Moore County Detention Center where he was served with the arrest warrant. A $500,000 secured bond was issued and an initial appearance was scheduled for November 27, 2024 in Randolph County District Court. Deputies said Simmons was last employed by the school system on June 15, 2006. Watch: NOWCAST streaming newscasts NAVIGATE: Home | Weather | Watch NOWCAST TV | Local News | National | News We Love | Stay up to date with the latest news and weather by downloading the WXII app here

After nearly two decades, a man previously employed by the Randolph County school system is facing charges of sexually abusing a student, according to the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office.

In January 2023, officials said they received a report of a possible sexual offense against an unknown minor (or minors) in 2005.

Click the video player above to watch the latest headlines from WXII 12 News.

TOP STORIES

Get the latest interesting news from Click here

Deputies said the initial allegations against a former Randolph County School system employee were reported to the sheriff’s office following an investigation by the Moore County Sheriff’s Office and the NC State Bureau of Investigations (NCSBI).

Following the investigation and identification of the victim, investigators said they filed charges against 50-year-old Gregory Simmons with three counts of sexual battery with a student.

On November 25, 2024, Simmons was arrested and taken to the Moore County Detention Center where he was served with the arrest warrant. A $500,000 secured bond was issued and an initial appearance was scheduled for November 27, 2024 in Randolph County District Court.

Deputies said Simmons was last employed by the school system on June 15, 2006.

Regard: NOWCAST streaming newscasts

NAVIGATE: Home | Weather | Watch NOWCAST TV | Local News | National | News We Love |

Stay up to date with the latest news and weather by downloading the WXII app here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *