close
close
The United States moves B-2-stealth bombers in massive violence to Houthis, Iran



Cnn

The Pentagon has sent at least six B-2 bomber 30% of the stealth bomber fleet of the US Air Force Zur island of the island of Diego Garcia of the Indian Ocean, in which analysts flare up a message to Iran as tensions in the Middle East.

The mission comes when US President Donald Trump and his head of defense Pete Hegseth warn against further measures against Iran and his deputies, while US jets continue to attack the Houthi rebels supported by Tehran.

Images of private satellite imaging company Planet Labs on Tuesday show the six US bombers on the asphalt on the island as well as accommodation that could possibly hide others. Tanker and freight planes are also located on the Island Airbase, a common US basis that is 3,900 kilometers from the southern coast of Iran.

Planet Labs Pictures from Sunday show four B-2 and six supporting aircraft on Diego Garcia Asphalt.

The satellite picture shows the Diego Garcia Air Base with four B2S and six support aircraft at the asphalt on March 29, 2025.

Without mentioning the B-2S, Pentagon spokesman Sean Parnell confirmed that the US military sends additional aircraft and “other air assets” to the region to improve America’s defense farming in the region.

“The United States and their partners are still committed to regional security … and are ready to react to a state or non -state actor who wants to expand or escalate conflicts in the region,” said Parnell.

CNN military analyst Cedric Leighton said the placement of the highly developed, $ 2 billion battle aircraft was a signal for US opponents.

“The use of this B-2 is clearly designed in such a way that a message-like one is sent several news-to Iran,” said the former colonel of the US air weapon.

“One of them could be a warning to stop the attitude of the Houthis in Yemen. Another message that the Trump government sends to Iran is that it wants to replace a new nuclear agreement (to replace the” bad “deal that has withdrawn Trump during his first term in his first term), and if Iran does not negotiate with the US Be Iran program, “said Leighton.

Trump began to increase military measures against Houthis in mid -March. According to Houthi Ministry of Health, air raids killed at least 53 people and injured almost 100 others in Yemen.

The strikes have continued because Houthis threatens the US warships in the region, in attacks that the militants say, in solidarity with Gaza, since they are bombarded by Israel, an important US ally.

Last month, Hegseth announced confidential information about pending military strikes against Houthi militants on an unsecured group chat with Top National Security Officers-one chain, to which the Atlantic, Jeffrey Goldberg, was accidentally added in disclosure.

Trump, in a Tuesday post in his social media platform Truth Social, threatened more on Tuesday.

“Stop shooting on US ships and we will stop shooting them. Otherwise we have just started, and the real pain remains for the Houthis and her sponsors in Iran,” said Trump.

Trump also urged Iran to complete a deal about his nuclear skills, and on March 19, said that he would give Tehran two months to agree or stand up with the consequences.

There are two ways to treat Iran: militarily, or you make a deal. I would prefer to make a deal because I don’t want to hurt Iran, “Trump told Fox News last month.

But Iran rejected direct negotiations this week.

Defense Minister Pete Hegseth continues to make it clear that the United States, when Iran or its deputies were to threaten American staff and interests in the region, will take decisive measures to defend our people, “said Parnell.

Peter Layton Peter Layton with the military air trip told CNN that the use of Six-Bomber in Diego Garcia was probably focused on possible Houthi goals.

“Six is ​​a serious number. For Houthi, the deeply buried goals, two or maybe three but six B-2s are a great effort,” said Layton.

A US Air Force B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber flies about Missouri in 2024. There are only 20 B-2 in the US fleet.

Leighton, the CNN military analyst, said the B-2 could wear the massive penetrator with a 30,000 pound bomb to destroy what we would call hardened and deeply buried goals. ”

“Iranian nuclear and weapon storage facilities may include such goals,” said the former US air weapon.

Layton, the Aviation Analyst, found that the six B-2 probably represent the entire aircraft fleet.

“I assume there are one or two at home for training and a few more standing atomic rabbits. Quiet in maintenance,” said Layton, a former pilot from the Royal Australian Air Force, who was now a scholarship at Griffith Asia Institute.

Parnell, the Pentagon spokesman, said the aircraft carrier Us Harry S. Truman, who carried out strikes against Houthi rebels in Yemen, will remain in the region this month, even though his assignment was planned there at the end of March.

CNN also previously reported that the Aircraft carrier of the USS Carl Vinson would move to the Middle East after completing an exercise in the Asian-Pacific area.

Hegseth “also ordered the use of additional seasons and other air assets that will further strengthen our defensive air supply skills,” said Parnell. It is unclear which seasons or assets will switch to the region.

Parnell added that the Nimitz Strike Group is used in the western Pacific to “preserve our war advantage in the Indopazific”.

Leighton said that the presence of the B-2 on Diego Garcia would be found throughout Asia.

“It is unlikely that the use of six B-2S for Diego Garcia should deter the actions by other powers such as China or Russia, but they certainly also take note of this commitment. Of course, we cannot forget that Iran is an ally of these two countries,” he said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *